- Who We Serve
- What We Provide
- About Copyright
- About CCLI
Understanding the many copyright issues related to the use of songs and video is complicated. Moreover, the law is confusing.
For churches or organisations, a seemingly honest error or omission can be embarrassing, time-consuming, and costly. At the same time, the law seeks fairness and protection for all parties.
CCLI makes copyright easy. With the Church Copyright Licence, churches and organisations can be legally covered.
With the licence options you can download music or lyrics and copy and reproduce the words within. All while saving administrative time, effort and expense.
The Church Copyright Licence covers the following activities:
Access Lyrics – NEW!
Easily access more than 200,000 song lyrics though SongSelect
Print songs, hymns and lyrics in bulletins, programmes, liturgies and song sheets for congregational singing
Projecting or Displaying Lyrics
Use projectors, TV displays or any other format whereby song lyrics are visually projected or displayed for congregational singing
See our Church Copyright Licence Manual for more details
Covering a diverse range of ministries and events
We know that one size doesn’t fit every ministry. To meet your needs, we have tailored our copyright licences specifically for you.
A church or ministry that meets primarily in one location
A church or ministry that meets in multiple locations
Criteria for a Multi-Site Ministry
A ministry or individual who uses the licence in multiple locations
*Some restrictions apply
A single event such as a concert, conference or special meeting
How do you know if you need a multi-site licence? CCLI defines a “multi-site church” with the following criteria:
- A worship service / event in different places
- All worship services have the same vision, a unified leadership, a common budget, and are managed centrally.
- The worship services / venues may be: a) exclusively and fully occupied by the community; b) in rooms specially dedicated to Sunday worship. A school or similar. be.
Please note that municipalities under a multi-site church licence can not be located in different countries. Venues in different countries need their own CCLI licences (if they are offered in the respective countries).
The mobile licence corresponds to the CCLI Church Copyright Licence with the following exceptions:
- The right to attend a service is not included
- Holders of a mobile licence (i.e., the community or Christian organization) must remain the sole owner of all copies made within the licence.
- The category size of the mobile licence is calculated by the largest expected number of visitors during an event in the licence year.
- Users of the mobile licence are obligated to make a request for a community song licence to be made available at any venue, responsible for the use of the mobile licence.
Have we covered the songs you love?
With more than 300,000 songs available from more than 3,000 publishers, you can rest assured that the songs you love are covered. Use SongSelect to find the legal songs that fit your need.
Copyright Licence Pricing
Select the Church Copyright Licence that best represents your ministry.